Cool Moms Make Chocolate Cake.

Because it's the end of the year and I think I have pretty awesome kids, I decided to bless them with a surprise desert today after school (you know, because they haven't had enough treats and candies this week, ha).  Let me just say that cool moms make chocolate cake after school.  And guess what?  It only takes like 5 minutes to do.  Especially when you have leftover frosting in the fridge from a previous cake.  :)  Here's the recipe that I will so graciously share with you because I would hate to be in the cool mom club all by myself.  Enjoy!

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/11/06/one-minute-chocolate-cake/

One-Minute Chocolate Cake
(can be gluten-free!)
It’s also a new Single-Serving Recipe.
  • 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp cocoa powder
  • 3 tablespoons spelt flour (or white, or Arrowhead Mills gf)
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp sugar or evaporated cane juice (edit: xylitol works as well)
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 stevia packet (or 1 tablespoon more sugar)
  • 2-3 tsp coconut oil or vegetable oil (Edit: many commenters have said it still tastes good if you sub applesauce or mashed banana. But I can’t personally vouch for the results if you make that substitution.)
  • 3 tablespoons milk of choice (I used almond milk)
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Combine dry ingredients and mix very, very well. Add liquid, stir, then transfer to a little dish, ramekin, or even a coffee mug. Microwave 30-40 seconds. If you don’t want to eat it straight out of the dish, be sure to spray your dish first (and then wait for it to cool before trying to remove it).

No comments:

Post a Comment