Conquering The Dreams

As I get this blog rolling I'm not really sure what to expect.  Just like starting anything new in life I guess.  Every dream starts as an idea, a mere seed that will require nurturing and tending to sprout.  How many dreams never reach fruition because of our undiscipline, fear or unwillingness to go above and beyond?  As a Christian I believe that every dream in my heart has been given by Him and it's up to me what I will do with it.  The power is in my hand to let it slip away or work hard and press forward to see where it might take me.  It's scary sometimes, stepping out into the unknown.  If we aren't careful our minds can become easily bogged down by the "what ifs" and stunt our progress.  

When we are focused more on the worries, it reveals the 
level of our faith.

You see, when faith is strong there is no room for fear, worries, self doubt or even guilt.  Nothing like a little revelation, huh?  It reminds me of a horse with blinders.  The ability to cut out distraction leads to focus on what lies ahead and nothing more.  One step at a time, conquering the obstacles as they come.  That's what I want to do with my life.  Just focus on Him and wear the spiritual blinders so I'm not tempted to look over there where self doubt lies or over there where worry resides.  



Do not turn to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil. Proverbs 4:27

So am I saying it's "evil" to turn right or left?  Not if you are CALLED to turn in that direction.  But if you are called to go straight and you turn, then it's sin...which is evil!  Ouch.  So does merely "looking" to the left or the right insinuate the way we will go?  Not necessary but it's a seed planted, just like the dream idea I mentioned earlier.  Your actions will eventually follow where you spend your time looking.  

I hope to recommit daily to everything that God has laid on my heart from who He has called me to be to what He has called me to do.  If you haven't committed to a dream He has planted in your heart, what are you waiting for?  There's no time like the present to get moving and take steps to fulfill what's waiting for you.  Get thee some blinders!

Would you share a dream you are moving towards or ready to commit to?  What's been the most challenging part of sticking with it or getting it started?

No comments:

Post a Comment